Thursday, November 29, 2007

After having a day of feeling really crappy, I mean crappy as I lay on the couch most of the day, I have to say that I am thankful for two little girls who were really sweet and good to me!
For some reason (could it be a week of two sick little girls and little sleep???) I was wiped-out today. I managed to take a shower, and it took two more hours just to get decent afterwards. I lay on the couch for most of the day, Lynn getting me pillows and blankets, and even a bottle of water. She was the best at giving me kisses and gentle pats, asking me if I was okay. Ashley was great at not having any accidents (Yeah!) and snuggling with me, bringing me books to read to her.
I about lost it making lunch for them. Nothing sounded good to me, Lynn wanted only a peanut butter sandwich. A while later, I had a cup of cocoa... everything made me feel so nauseous!
I got a little pick-me-up from Darlene (mother-in-law) when she brought me a new maternity skirt and a couple of new tops. I felt dumb, as it was noon and my hair was still wet and wrapped-up in a towel, and my face was void of make-up (that's really kind of scary). But at least I was dressed! She is the early-bird type, ready to go around 7 am, so I can imagine what she was thinking when she saw me.
It was a nice surprise, I was feeling a little down the other day looking into my closet. I have a lot of short-sleeved maternity tops, not too many that are long-sleeved, for colder weather. I was in the mood of, "now how many times have I worn this?"... I feel like if it's Wednesday, chances are I am wearing the same outfit I was a week ago... So that was an upper for the day. I have already gotten "Happy Birthday" cards from some stores with a coupon (most of them non-maternity). Victoria's Secret might get used... pregnant boobs... Express I am tempted to go and use, so I have something to look forward to, maybe even a little motivation?
Hopefully things will go better tomorrow. I stopped taking the cough syrup. I think that was the culprit. I actually started to feel hungry. I made some Rhodes cinnamon rolls for a nighttime treat, Merrill really liked them :)... Now the only discomfort present is the heartburn, of course... that was one plus to not wanting to eat all day, it put the heartburn off.

No comments: