Friday, November 23, 2007

I am trying to bake a birthday cake right now... Well, it has actually been going on for almost 2 hours now... That's what I get for trying to fulfill a 5 year-old's dream. She wanted a doll cake. I used the recipe for my pampered chef batter bowl doll cake. Let's just say that my mind isn't working well (there's that pregnancy excuse again...). I forgot to divide and bake the batter in half. So it overflowed, in the oven. I poured out half of it about halfway through baking, and I just pulled out the first half. It doesn't look right, unless the doll cake is supposed to be very sunken-in in the middle!
Lynn is feeling much better. She is up and playing, being herself with a little bit of a cough. Ash is at the "Lynn three days ago" stage. High fever, doesn't want to play, sleepy, sad. It isn't quite as bad, I think because her personality is different form Lynn's. She is just a little more easy-going than Lynn. Lynn is just mad and even offended because she is sick. The hard thing for Ash is that she's had two accidents today. I guess she's distracted at how awful she feels that she just can't get there in time. Poor thing!
I had to go to the store to get more Tylenol for the girls, more meds for Merrill, and two separate meds for me. That's one of the things that is made difficult in my condition, what works for Mer, and what I usually take too, I can't! I have to have "special" stuff. I swear that I set off alarms at the self-checkout with all of the over-the-counter drugs I was buying. Some lady who was working had to come and clear a bunch of stuff for me. Oh, did I mention that I have the cold now too? Not like the girls, and I want to say yet, but maybe if I believe that I won't get that awful cough then it will stay like this, just a stuffy head and a sore throat.

No comments: