Thursday, January 3, 2008

PEyton Pitcher... the "E" is just for you, Mer...

So here she is!!! You can see the luscious cheeks, love 'em... and you can make out some hair. She's so sweet. We can hardly wait! The doctor said she's down there in position and ready, but I am not dilating, yet... but he does want to start checking me at my next appointment in two weeks, because she is "down there"... You can even spot my cervix, if you want to be my friend like that ;). Merrill said that I technically shouldn't upload this video to Blogger because it is inappropriate... Peyton is naked, and it does show my uterus and cervix... (he's sooo funny...) Lynn prayed that she would come out soon... again.
I also got a layout done. It will be bottom on my totem pole because Peyton is way cuter...
I got a question in one of my comments... (does that even make any sense?)
Someone asked me where I find the time to scrap with kids. It all come to priorities. I do not allow myself to scrap, or do anything fun to me, for that matter, until I am ready for the day, i.e. make-up and hair well, and dressed... my house has to be taken-care-of, all of those things that need to be done, need to be done. I spend time with the girls, we read and play. I do not sit and scrap all day, and when I do, there are many breaks. The other thing that I am able to do, because of their ages, is to have them come and "craft" with me. That's what they like to call it. They have their own supplies and I give them some of my left-overs, stickers I didn't use, and won't use, paper, pics., etc. It's something we all enjoy together.
I think the real motivation for me to scrap though is, I set a goal. One page/layout a day. Even on days when other things happen, like Christmas Eve, I make-up for it. I try to plan ahead, like on New Year's Eve, which backfired horribly, popcorn kernels can do that... but really, it is something that I've set out to do, and I am sticking to it. Most of the time, I have to admit, I am scrapping when it is evening, Merrill is home and spending time with the girls, and I get some time to myself, kind of. They are usually in the craft room reading, coloring together, and most of the time just being silly. I love having all of us in there together. I even made the suggestion to Merrill that we get a small couch so he has someplace comfy when these times happen. There have been many a pillow fight that comes into "my" room...
As I was thinking about how to answer this question, I kept thinking about comments that some, who don't know me that well, made. Comments that pointed in the direction that scrapping is all that I must do all day, instead of play with my kids. It isn't. Only on rare occasions do I even get a whole day to scrap. But I kept thinking about Dallin H. Oaks talk from conference, "Good, Better, Best..." what a guideline! Being a wife and mother are number one priorities in my life. I have other responsibilities too. I have a church calling, I am a daughter, sister, and friend. When others need my help, I look at what is "best". There are times in my life when I have to say "no" and not do some things. I have learned that, that is okay too. But I plan on having layouts completed ahead of time, so that hospital stay doesn't interfere with my goal :). I just hope that Peyton is used to the schedule when she arrives...

1 comment:

Ally0005 said...

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, didn’t mean for it to come across that I thought all you did was scrap all day. Seeing all the scrap booker’s blog’s I didn’t know when they would fit scrapping a page or two into their busy lives as mom, wife etc…. Wanted to see if there was a way I could fit it in my crazy day, since I’m so far behind. You all do great work and inspire me. I’m new to blogging, still learning.