Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I think my mailman is on crack... or just blame it on the snow...


I am catching up one day at a time.
I had the best of intentions to do it this weekend, until I got a stomach bug. And then, those plans got moved to last night, until Lynn got the bug, all over the basement floor, the bathroom floor, and the toilet, but most of it in the toilet. Mer and Ash are dealing with a cold... it could be worse!
Peyton is so fun! She is doing so good. She is quite the nurser. Yesterday, she was quite smiley. I got an actual grin out of her when I was talking baby talk about eating. Mom got a good shot out of her right when she woke up. Even her eyes were smiley.
I am trying to stick to the positive. So just a few short rants. Insurance. $320.00 to remove "the kernel", I am fighting that one all the way. My doc wanted me to take Peyton in for a weight check on Friday. I couldn't get an appointment in with the other doc (mine wasn't in town), and he expected me to take her into InstaCare... so speaking of people on crack... I NEVER got a wedding invitation to one of my Beehives weddings that was Saturday. She called me and told me when it was, like I could make it... I felt bad. So, I think my mailman is on crack... or maybe it got lost during all of those crazy snowstorms.
So on to the positive! There are no postpartum hormones, coming from me anyway. They have all gone to Lynn and Ash. They are wacky, but they love their sister. Ash is drawing people! I will have to post one of her pics. Tonight, she drew a pic of the family plus Jaclyn, thanks for dinner, and chocolate, by the way! We loved it ALL! I haven't taken any ibuprofen since yesterday, I feel great! I packed away all the maternity clothes last night, with the exception of the maternity jeans. I can get new my size 12s on, just not done up. I have this five month along belly still stuck to me. But this is better than I've done in the past! So I have a new wardrobe. There are still many shirts I am not able to wear. These boobs cannot be contained by many of my favorites. See, I have a GREAT nurser...
As if I didn't have enough blessings to count, I realized yet another one. I was reflecting on how fast Peyton got here. I am still amazed at how fast everything went. Then it hit me. That was another blessing. To think about how nervous and anxious Mer was, her coming as quickly as she did, cut down on that time that he would have been stressing and being uncomfortable, worrying about everything being okay. Instead, she got here, he had nothing to worry about, and could enjoy her and the moment. I am so blessed!


So the other night, when I was feeling crummy, Mer just took over and told me to take the time to go take a sitz bath, take a shower, just relax. I asked him if he was really okay with it, and he said, "For me, this is what having babies is all about... getting to do this..." This is what he was doing when he said that. I love this guy!
Who could have the "baby blues" with all of this to be so thankful for!

4 comments:

BookwormMom said...

You should have called me!!! You could have brought her up to work, and I would have brought the scale out to one of our NICU parent rooms, and weighed her for you....
There's no way in heck I would recommend taking a newborn to instacare for a weight check right now...with all the icky bugs going around (RSV and Influenza are still really bad)...I think that Doctor's on crack too!!!

Christina Rogers said...

what cute lo's!

jaclyn said...

love the picture of peyton and merrill.. i love seeing my brothers as dads!

Ally0005 said...

Hope you guys feel better soon, we all are sick too, it's getting old.