Monday, February 4, 2008

My new Prophet!

While I am a little sad to think about changing the picture that has hung on my fridge for so long, I am excited to put up the picture of President Thomas S. Monson. (I do think President Hinckley's picture will linger for a while... and not just because it will take me a while to get to the distribution center...)
I cannot put to words the feelings I have felt as I watched the press conference announcing the new First Presidency of the Church. I felt calm. That is the best that I can do, but there is so much more to it than that. I felt peace as I heard each of them speak and address questions from the press. I am so thankful for the Spirit, that brings these feelings.
I am so excited for General Conference in March!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I am guessing Feb 9th...my gut says the 11th...but I don't think you can wait that long...so my final answer is the 9th.

Good Luck Mindy!!

Nat :)

BookwormMom said...

I felt the same way watching the press conference. Called of God. I was teary through the whole thing, and I just knew he'd been Called of God. Way cool feeling.