Sunday, March 9, 2008

Gratitude without deeds is shallow...

Today was a good day at church, well, besides clingy Ashley. Jen wasn't there... she seems to be one that Ashley really feels comfortable around. So Ash was my shadow for the day... The time change wasn't too bad... I did pray an awful lot that things would go well. Poor Peyton, her little tummy and my inner clock are not matching up. I keep getting confused that she is not eating when I think she should be... I am relying on the clock too much. I kept trying to force feed her all day, so I wouldn't be nursing when I have a meeting, or when I am supposed to be conducting... Sacrament meeting was good... the bishop's wife spoke and the post title is the thought that she came up with, she likened it to "faith without works is dead"... get it.... I really liked it. It makes me reflect on how good people have been to me and my family these past few months. They've been good to us before then too... just focusing on the present... I want to be more grateful. I want to help others, be more charitable, to show my gratitude. Hope I can manage to do it... I do have plenty of excuses :)... Is Peyton really that big now, already??? I am down to my last three newborn diapers, which she really is too big for anyway... and her feet hang out of the bottom of all her nightgowns, my favorite things... her head support in her car seat even looks like it should come out... I guess she really is that big, she was big to begin with... Speaking of growing children... I got out the new season of dresses for Lynn and Ash. Ashley is wearing dresses now that Lynn was wearing not too long ago. Lynn is wearing dresses that Sophie was wearing not too long ago. Heavens! When did all of this growing-up happen??? Peyton being in the "extra" closet now, really messes me up. The girls extra clothes can't fit in there, and the basement closet, where my clothes go, now have some smaller buddies. We used to have so much space... What's with the recycling guys not picking up our recyclables? What good does it do me to have a recycling can, if it's always too full, and I end up throwing away the recyclables? Yeah, doesn't make much sense. Here's my project...

2 comments:

Carrie Kay said...

Hey, I'm Ally's friend. I have looked at your blog a few times. So cute! My husband gave Ally a blessing too on top of the prayers and faith. We are so glad that she is doing so well. You are a sweet friend to my friend!
Carrie

Mindy said...

I am so glad that Ally has you guys... Hands can't reach that far from my home to hers!