Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've had a lot of quiet thinking time, trying to put my feelings into words.
Our ward had a boy pass-away in his sleep early Sunday morning. While I can't say that I knew him well, I knew him. I was in primary for a little over a year with him, until he turned 12 and advanced to Young Men. All I have to say about him, and his family, is how awesome they are. He was such a remarkable boy, not your typical 12 year-old boy. Calm and quiet, polite. He knew his stuff! His parents have taught him well. They have such awesome testimonies of the Gospel! While I would like to think that I would be strong in this situation, I feel that I would crumple, hide in my bed and mourn. But at the same time, I feel happiness, I feel comfort in the knowledge that I have. I feel peace.
I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us.
I know that He sent His Son, our Savior.
I know that while on earth, He taught many and performed miracles.
I know that He atoned for our sins.
I know that our Savior died.
I know that He was resurrected.
I know that He lives.
I know that beacuse of all of this, I can be forgiven of my faults and shortcomings, my mistakes and sins, that there is mercy, for me, and that after this life, it doesn't end.
I know that we can be an eternal family.
Because of all this, I know that my Heavenly Father loves me.
I haven't seen the Savior. I haven't seen my Heavenly Father. But, I know that they live. I know because I have tested it. I am reminded everyday by the feelings I have in my heart. I know because of the spirit I feel when we read the scriptures, or that I get when we pray. This gives me comfort. While I hope and pray, that my family won't have to experience this trial, I hope that I would have the strength, and the presence of mind to remember what I have been taught. To not let the sadness make me question what I know. To take this knowledge, paired with faith, to understand that I don't know it all, and be comforted.

4 comments:

Dani and Tom said...

Mindy how sad, I don't know if you want to post online but I am curious who it was. The gospel is such a blessing in our lives and it is only because of this that we can make it thru life with all of it's hardships. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us all it fill us up.

Six-Pack Momma said...

Well said, Min. Amen.

Ally0005 said...

So true.

BookwormMom said...

Way to start my tears again, Min. It's ok though...tears are cleansing. Somehow we'll make sense of it...and I'm so glad we know about HIS plan.