Saturday, May 3, 2008

cutie pie...

This kid is getting cuter by the day! I am tempted to post a "Peyton Pic of the Day". Don't tell me I am wrong about her cuteness...
I have been in a "I miss my Grandma" funk the last couple of days. I have been getting my hands on things that were hers, that she made for me, pictures of her, etc. I can't explain it. The littlest things that I do in my life, I have her to thank. I enjoy reading, she taught that to her kids, my mom taught it to me because of her. She was the one who got us into scrapbooking. When I scrap now, I think of her. Same with pretty much everything else I enjoy doing, other skills I was taught. Being a mother...
Mom called today, Grandma Mayes is doing poorly. She's in the hospital with heart problems. She has already had a pace maker put in. It must be really bad for my aunts to call. Grandma has been in the hospital so many other times, and the only way dad has found out, is because Grandma tells him after the fact. The girls have never met her, and they want to. There isn't a day that they don't bring it up. Whenever they see a plane, they ask when we'll get to go see Grandma Pat. Now I am not sure that they ever will. Strange, I love her because she is my Grandma, but it feels more like she is this friend of my dad's. It has been ten years since I have seen her last. And I went eight years before seeing her then. I still see her in my mind as being young, I know she is older than I think.
She has knee and hip issues, diabetes, and this heart problem. Her doctor has told her she needs to lose weight to help all of the other problems. She is afraid to go by herself, she is afraid she'll fall. So he told her to use her walker. Ummm, no. She found a neighbor buddy to go walking with, but it turned-out that when her walking buddy would come to get her, they would end up watching TV and eating ice cream together... my Grandma is a hoot!
It has been a bummer of a weekend.
As I have said before, it is spring. Merrill is soooo busy, while it is a good thing on one hand, it is a total pain in the butt on the other. He didn't get home from work until nearly eight last night. He left this morning at seven, and didn't come home 'till almost six. Being a single parent sucks sometimes.
And don't even get me started on our health insurance premium increase... I know that we are so blessed to have it, but paying for it... especially when it goes up. I am trying to resolve that, but we'll have to see what happens...
FAITH!!!

2 comments:

Ally0005 said...

I'm sorry about your insurance going up, that is always a pain.

Emalee said...

Hey, i am so glad i get to read about your life. I am happy that we are friends and we REALLY need to do lunch sometime. I miss you. I am sorry about your grandma and am happy that you are able to remember her in the ways you do. We have a lot to catch up on. love you
Emalee