Wednesday, May 21, 2008

it's beautiful!

The guy who is not Merrill here is my awesome brother Joe... He came over last night, crawled though our so-called attic, inhaled loose insulation which probably contains asbestos, found the teeny-tiny break in the copper tubing, and fixed it. We had a swamp cooler to cool the house... and then the storm blew in and took down the temperature anyway... So thanks Joe!!! For risking getting Mesothelioma for the comfort of our little family...
After making a few unneccesary holes in my newly painted walls, and going to the store to get something to better suit my needs, and cover said holes...
...the bathroom was finished!
Shiny new faucet, which started the chain of events... nothing will fall down this covered drain!
Holes are behind this... and the towels now have a lower perch for the girls benefit.
Now... when can I get rid of the tub tile???
Notice that the floors are not pictured... those are as bad as this tile... some day you'll see below the waist of my bathroom.
Meanwhile, while at Target getting the hole cover-upper, Ashley was being crazy... I mean that very literally. We met mom there to get some bracelets to her for her friend, and we enjoyed hunting for our stuff with her. Ashley said she needed to go potty, so we took her to the bathroom, well mom really did, I nursed Peyton because she was not going to have formula... BLEH!!! I tried... so they came out quite a while later, Ash wouldn't go because she's afraid of the hole in the bottom of the toilet. Lynn wasn't very helpful, apparently she was assessing the cleanliness of the bathroom, Ash doesn't like to wear her own panties once she stains them... We finished our shopping, ready to go, but Ash is doing "the dance". So mom stays with Lynn and Pey and I DRAG Ash into the bathroom. She was doing a part giggle part yell the whole way and got everyone's attention both on the way to and in the bathroom. The lady walking in with us was just laughing. So I threw her into the stall ahead of me so I could hurry and latch the door shut. Then I pantsed her, after a battle... sat her on the toilet while she was yelling, "I told you I am not gonna do it!!!" There is laughter all throughout the restroom. The lady in the stall next to us is laughing the hardest. Ashley is still telling me that she won't do it. All it takes is a little tickle on the knees, and it all comes pouring out. Then comes her giggle... "I told you I could do it by myselp!" She is so crazy. When we were walking out, I swear there were people who waited just to see the spunky and sassy little girl who was making all the ruckus.
And then there was getting her out to the car.... but that would be a novel....

3 comments:

jaclyn said...

what a difference! cade wants to come play again! he woke up this morning saying me-me house! summers on the way so hopefully lots of playing!

Brooke said...

maybe i should give you my shower curtain since I'm wanting to redo my bathroom also... i think that green would match it good!

Six-Pack Momma said...

It is awesome...flower tile, and all! You are an inspiration. Lowes has paint on sale this weekend....hmmmm