Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dan In Real Life....

...or should we call it: "Could be Merrill in Real Life"?
We thought this movie was cute and funny... and Merrill thought, at times, this was too close to home for him. He told me I had better not go dying on him... he couldn't do this by himself.
So now let me explain...
Dan has 3 daughters (hmmm... sounds familiar...). His wife has passed away (not so familiar..). The daughters ages are (roughly) 17, 15, & 10... Lynn is 5, Ash 3, and Peyton 4 months (kinda similar spacing, eh?). So these daughters were going through all of the girl stuff, thongs, boys, stuff dads just aren't hip to. Merrill did not like the reminder that his girls would someday be putting him through similar situations.
The part where the daughter yells, "You are a murderer of LOVE!!!", Mer said: "The sad thing is that I can hear Lynn saying the same thing to me."
While I was laughing at parts in the movie, he was telling me that it really wasn't funny, it was scary, this was going to happen to him, his girls were going to have times in their lives when they just won't like him very much.
He made me promise that I wouldn't "go dying" on him.

5 comments:

stacy said...

so you totally need to check out this awesome girls dress. it is on my swap partners blog. it is
vermillionrules.blogspot.com
do you think you could figure it out and we could make it????

Annie said...

Mindy,
It was so good to hear from you. It was good to see your mom the other day she is still the "sooo sweet" mom that I remembered her being. Wow, I can't believe you have three girls... They are so cute! It will be fun to be able to keep in touch. I will have to check out the Redskin track days. When did you post that?

Six-Pack Momma said...

Do you need to remind him that he is the one tht will 'arise'?

BTW,my MIL had the lead singer in her preschool...it started out with a kiss...it was only a kiss.....

Mindy said...

yeah... me 3 girls??? it's fun...I love the bloggin thing for just this, finding people...
here's the track post, you aren't in the pic, but good ol' Mr. Skiles is in it... was that his name??
http://pitcherprincesses.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-almost-forgot.html

Mindy said...

I love the song, reminds me of "Twilight"... read it!!!