Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Good Nap!

Peyton has had some issues taking good naps and eating like I think she should the last few days... So thank heavens when Brooke loaned us "Ebbs" (Evan's) old jumper. Peyton loves it! She played for such a long time, was so happy the whole time and ended up falling asleep. Fun! Thanks Brooke! She is so generous to let us use anything that she has that Evan has used that is new and fun. She even offered her infant car seat just in case ours was too old to use. She's awesome!
More about the sleep and eat issue...
I don't think that anything is necessarily wrong, but just changing and I am not used to it... yet.
She used to eat about every four hours, nighttime not included, she sleeps through the night... but now, my boobs are huge and ready to spray at the slightest stimulation. Seriously. I try to force her to eat, because I am not hip to having the pump attached to my chest all day long. The girls stare at me too much for my comfort level.
She isn't taking naps as well as she was. Her morning nap isn't as long as it used to be and her afternoon nap isn't always as prompt in coming as it used to be either. She is happy as can be, so I try not to force anything. My daily pattern just needs some tweaking now.

5 comments:

BookwormMom said...

It's hard when you just get the schedule down, and integrated into your life, and they switch it up on you...Pey looks so cute!!! I loved the video of her too....

I'm glad you're finally feeling better....

The Anderson's said...

Mindy-your posts make me laugh so hard. I love that you blog about what happens in almost every mom's life. I wish I had your dedication and I wish I had your fun friends. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog I've missed you too!

stacy said...

was up at my parents this week and my brothers girlfriends baby (wow that was a mouth full) has that jumper and i put ky in it. she loved it too. i loved all your summer regulations. i am going to use them! so thanks. lets play. soon i am going to quit asking! :)
my sis says that their team is full but she will call if anything changes. she might give you and brooke a call if they need subs!

Jenny said...

Advice from a nurse: Stop pumping! The more you pump, the more milk your body will produce and it will never end. Your body is designed to produce exactly what is being taken out, so if Peyton isn't eating it, she must not need it, and you don't need to pump. How do you like that for advice--he, he?

Mindy said...

I haven't been pumping, unless she doesn't eat on both sides and I am lopsided!