Friday, August 8, 2008

Flashback Friday...

Remember these?

Yeah, I know that NOW they are "Laffy Taffy"... but somehow they are not the same...
The girls and I devoured a "Cherry Jerry Laffy Taffy" today, and it got me thinkin' about back in the day when i was young, I'm not a kid anymore, but somedays I wish that I could be young again... (anyone name the tune?) anyways...
We used to go to the old outdoor Roy pool and swim till we were exhausted! We paid $2.00 to get in and had $1.00 left over for treats. It usually divided up 50 cents for a can of pop and the remainder for two tangy taffys. They tasted so good, especially after swimming for so long.

1 comment:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Man! I just saw some the other day...they must have been pretty old! I didn't realize they were discontinued. I loved Tangy Taffy- especially the watermelon!

I think that Laffy Taffys are a different candy, though. I used to get both. Laffy Taffys used to be square, though. And at first, only came in banana flavor. They were called Banana Beichs, then they started making more flavors and the name changed.

Too bad Wonka doesn't still make Tangy Taffys...I could use one right now!