Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fresh Peach Cobbler

I completely forgot I bought peaches earlier this week! I had to use them... what better way!?

Fruit Cobbler:

3 cups sliced fruit
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Place fruit in a greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Melt butter and add sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Mix well and spread over fruit, then top with this mixture:

1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 egg

As usual, mix dry and then add wet. Cover the entire top of fruit and sugar mixture and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes. We love to eat it warm with vanilla ice cream.

1 comment:

Randee Mayes said...

That cobbler looks so good!!! Hey I was looking at your side bar, that Christmas craft is so cute. I would love to do it.....if its not too late. I'll start collecting stuff anyway....