Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving...

I have to admit, that Wednesday was a harder day than I thought it would be. It's the first Thanksgiving without Grandma... I had my saddest moment when I was making my pies... I just couldn't get the crust right. I stood there, over my pumpkin pie crust, remembering her hands gently molding and forming the pie crusts' edges into beautiful designs. Watching her make the lattice top for the cherry pie was always my favorite... I had to call mom. She was going through the same thing I was.
Thursday was like every other year... with the challenge of Peyton wanting to be in the middle of the tree decorating. She was so excited about every detail.. it was a fun difference. I had better not need to re-light the tree.. the lights are being possessed this year...
Love this pic of the girls just before dinner... Peyton has her first tooth, and a loose skin flap on her gum to prove it.
Lynn was thankful for: turkey skin, food, and the gospel. (She really said that...)
Ashley said she was thankful for: Dad, Mom, Pey, and Lynn, oh, and the turkey.
Peyton was thankful that her tooth finally cut and for the mashed potatoes and gravy.
Mer said he was thankful for his four angels :) and I am thankful that we are all together and it isn't as challenging as last year's Thanksgiving... wooh! Remember that one?...
Dinner... apparently Merrill enjoyed the turkey last year cause we had it again this year!
Our traditional pic of Ash...
We went to mom & dad's after we finished decorating the tree... I spanked everyone at Phase 10 then we took advantage of the circumstances, all of the grand kids together... and Celia too :)
We went to Mer's parents for the traditional gingerbread house making event... I think the girls ate more than they decorated...
And they are still eating off of it! It no longer looks like this...
We've been enjoying a relaxing day, just hanging out, working on a few projects, repairing quite a few Christmas decorations...

5 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Sounds like you've had a great weekend so far...just wanted to tell you I know your lesson will be great!!!

Platt Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great holiday!

Emalee said...

Oh Fun, We do the ginger bread houses with kyle's family every year but on a Sunday sometime in December.

Ally0005 said...

Glad to know that there are other trees that have possessed lights.
We finally gave up and finished the tree the next day.
Looks like you have a wonderful day.

Nathan said...

Hmmm...I may just have to play ya'll at Phase 10...I think I could probably end up dominating :-)