Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I love winter..

We got quite a bit done today..
All of Christmas is put away.. :( I am sad.
The only thing to fill it's void is snow and wintry wonderfulness.. so if you don't like it, you can blame me :)
I will be honest, I cried as I took the tree down. I think I was halfway done taking off the lights and the branches, when I just started to cry..
Why?
The cozy nights, together as a family, while the first big snowstorm rages on, quietly, outside our window...
Gone.
The feeling, the spirit, in the atmosphere...
Gone.
The anticipation.. excitement..
Gone.
The gentle, twinkle of white lights in a quiet room..
Gone.
The music.. the movies..
Gone.
Those nights and days when we go nowhere, when we stay cocooned inside our home, together, because we can..
Gone.
So I pray for large amounts of snow to make up for the loss of the Christmas feeling, to fill my large void. Maybe we'll get enough snow, that we will be snowed in, we will all be together, can't go anywhere because it isn't possible to get anywhere.. that is my dream.
So I got it all put away, sadly, and Peyton and I re-arranged the front room. She loves looking out the window (it's genetic I think..) so I moved the love seat from it's spot, as of lately, in front of the windows so she can claim her perch..
I did some other re-arranging..
I just might post a pic or two.. Ally has my hooked!
Thanks Christie.. having one less shadow made it that much easier.. and less questions to answer.. "Mommy, why are you crying? Did the tree hurt you?"

4 comments:

Jamie said...

The picture of Peyton looking out the window is just precious!! I know how you feel... I always get sad when Christmas is over and it's back to the real life again! It really hit me when school started again... no!!!

Bonnie said...

I think you love Christmas way more than me and my husband thinks I am a Christmas nut! I can relate...

TumbleBee said...

I remember Ashley, and Peyton looking out the window when we were dropping Lynn off!so cute!

Ally0005 said...

I came over to drop off an award for you! Check my blog Thursday morning for details.