Friday, November 6, 2009

Flashback and Deja vu..

We'll start this out with a layout of Lynn..


Nearly four years old (I know, the LO says 4..  that's what Roy high did for my math.)
and she decided to give herself a "trim".
It must be the age, remeber, Ashley did it a few times to herself..
She gave herself this "trim" not too long after she got a real trim.  I was trying to talk her into getting it whacked in the first place, but she wasn't going for it.  Well, she kinda pushed herself into it later..
It wasn't a bad deal..  she got to donate her cut hair to "Locks of  Love".
Sweet deal for all involved.
- Someone in need got a new hairpiece.
- Lynn got her messed-up cut fixed.
- I didn't have to listen to the "make your ears bleed" type of crying while brushing the girl's hair..
That brings us to today..
She has been buging me for MONTHS to make an appointment for her to get it cut off again.
Her reasons:
- "I don't like brushing my hair."
- "I don't like you brushing my hair."
- "It takes too long to do my hair."
- "I want to help some one who needs hair."
How can I say no to that?
Well..  I did.
That is where the MONTHS come in..
I gave in today because she didn't.
I also want to save time, and money.
Time brushing and fighting with her over how to do her hair.
Money in shampoo and conditioner. :)



She is still pretty cute..  she looks older though, and I think we all know how I feel about that.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my gosh! i was expecting a trim... before you send yours in maybe i can stick both of my ponytails in there with lynns... i've never mailed mine in :(

BookwormMom said...

I don't think she looks THAT much older!

She looks beautiful!

Ally's Corner said...

Oh how cute!. They do look plder with short hair. Anna did too when we first cut her long hair off.
I hate doing hair in the morning but Anna hair is something else. I have to flat iron it every morning. I will so happy when she will do it her self.

Ally

Emalee said...

Oh how fun!!! She looks so cute, I did that last year. Its been almost 2 years!! It was fun and I would love to do it again....if I could ever grow out my hair!!!

Six-Pack Momma said...

So cute! That is quite the ponytail! What a great head of hair she's got. And it's funny how they look so different with a haircut. I just cut Tyler's shorter than it's been in a while and I think hew looks younger. Go figure!

Julie said...

Wow, that's a lot of hair. She looks cute.

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

At least she admits that she wants it cut! My child on the other wants her hair long, but refuses to let me do anything to it...thus she looks un-kept most of the day. I have threatened a hair cut for weeks now, and Mindy, you have inspired me to do something about it! =)

T-Fam said...

When I saw her this morning I had to do a double take because I thought she was Ashley for a minute.

Jamie said...

So cute! Glad you both handled it so well!!