Monday, May 24, 2010

A case of the Mondays.

It is Monday, again.

The day that makes us wish for Sunday, again.

The day started early, with Lynnie-lou coughing up a lung (quite literally).  I was doing everything I knew to do in order for her to find rest (and me too).

She is home from school for the day.

We also woke up to snow.

I was really enjoying the sound of rain all night while I sat curled-up in bed, reading.

The last week of May, the last week of school at that,  and we woke up to snow?!

Yup, it’s Monday.

Ashley had to get her “All About Me” poster to school this morning, they are getting everything ready for graduation later this week.

The same “All About Me” poster that was supposed to be turned in the last week of September (last year) the same week we moved.

Yup, I got it turned in today, the last week of May (this year).

So Monday

It was also “dress up as a character from your favorite book” day at pre-school.  Ashley decided at the beginning of the month that she wanted to be “Pinkalicious”.  Not too hard, considering the fact that I do have 3 girls, and pink is a staple in our wardrobe.

Problem was, when she woke up this morning (Monday to be exact), she woke with an eye that was also pinkalicious.  No, not pink eye (thank heavens it’s not that bad a case of the Mondays..), just irritated.  It took me over a half an hour to convince her to let me put eye drops in to relieve the irritation and subsequent redness.  That was a half an hour of begging, pleading, bribing, threatening, praying, and her telling me all the while how she wished that my mom were here to protect her, from me and my wicked eye drops.

I got her to school, with a slightly red eye, dressed all in pink, not harmed in any way, but late.

I have also changed two poopy diapers.

Peyton’s digestive tract also knows what day it is, apparently.

I also had the pleasure (?) of making a dentist appointment for myself (ahhhhhhh Monday!!) because my filling chipped, only to reveal a growing cavity underneath. 

While on the phone, scheduling the appointment, Peyton’s feet decided to trip her up on the third step from the bottom of the staircase, I was too far behind her to be of much help.  It was a comical fall, but a fall none the less.

It is also laundry day.  All of my comfortable pants are in the process of being laundered, and I get to wear a pair that accentuates my muffin top.

It is officially Monday, and I have officially started my countdown to Sunday.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

LOL and one big SIGH. Not quite the same morning over here, but Monday nonetheless. :-) Hope it gets better.

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

at least tomorrow is Tuesday, right?

Janet said...

I'm trying not to laugh... oops didn't succeed.mom

BookwormMom said...

What muffin top? There is no such thing on that tiny body of yours!!!

I understand though...I woke up feeling a little icky, and the snow made it worse.

I did wonder if Ash had snuck into Lynn's room when I drove by and saw someone in the window!

anniebobannie said...

I HATE monday too! Here's to a nice WARM week! {hugs}

anniebobannie said...

I HATE monday too! Here's to a nice WARM week! {hugs}

Julie said...

Well, at least it wasn't boring.