Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend review.

We had quite the weekend! 

It all started with a double-date night, that was so fun!  We are excited to do many more date-nights. 

Saturday had me and the girls participating in the March of Dimes walk.  We got dressed in comfortable clothes and headed out to Layton.  It was cloudy and kind of drizzly, but not bad.  Then, the hail began.  It eventually was back to a drizzle when we started the walk, but near the end of the first mile, it was snowing.  The girls were good sports about it, and we ended there.  Our fingers were frozen, despite mittens, and so were our “toe tips” as Lynn so aptly named them.  I was so proud of them!

We got home and they enjoyed a bubble bath in my tub.  That was a great reward to them.  I enjoyed a BIG cup of cocoa and some digital scrapbooking before I headed off to the school to decorate some doors for teacher appreciation week.

That night was pizza night (which Lynn stayed true to her form of letting me know just how much she hates home made pizza and how the school’s is SO MUCH BETTER..).  The majority enjoyed the pizza and a movie. 

After the kids were in bed, I introduced Merrill to Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred workout (I am finally ready to advance to level 2, kinda scared.) and had some fun. :)

Sunday was our stake conference.  We got there late (in true Pitcher form) but enjoyed it thoroughly, and the girls were so good!

We had everyone’s favorite Sunday meal, roasted chicken, or “Chicken with the skin on it” as the girls like to refer to it, with all the fixings. 

The rest of the day should have been a warning for how the rest of the night would play out..

The girls were all restless, onery, and flat out bored.  I was having trouble breathing, and with a headache, just wanted a nap.  That didn’t happen.  The girls woke Peyton up from her nap, and that threw the rest of the day off that much more.

By evening, we were all happy again, enjoying each others company, willing the minutes to tick by just a little slower so the week wouldn’t start.

Sleep wasn’t at an optimum last night, but hopefully will be tonight!  I spent most of the night in Peyton’s bed, with Ashley and Peyton and Peyton’s glow worm.  Peyton felt the need to squeeze her glow worm’s tummy repeatedly.  I cannot tell you how many times I heard the score of pre-programmed songs that the worm has to offer..  I heard them, and even dreamt of them, A LOT.

And here we are..  Monday again.

Another week of school.

Laundry, again.

Another busy week.

Cleaning the house, again.

But I am so glad to be here!

3 comments:

Emalee said...

i was so happy to see you guys at the walk! It was great to see you!

Bonnie said...

Roast chicken sounds like a great idea. Saw a cooking show on how to roast a whole one...love that you took the girls to the march of dimes walk, so cool!

BookwormMom said...

Level 2 on the Shred is my least favorite...Level 3 is hard, but it's funner.....

I'm missing you.