Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The 24 hour cookie.

The title of this post does not refer to how long it takes to make these babies.

It indicates how long they lasted here.

I was in search of a soft chocolate cookie, one that I could add peanut butter chips to, and then we could all enjoy.

So I went hunting.

This recipe fit the bill perfectly and was yummy with the peanut butter chips.

(I am currently wondering how they would taste with some mint extract in them..)

24hourcookie

Soft Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter (softened)

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 cups flour

2/3 cup baking cocoa

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

(Confectioners sugar for dusting after they are baked, optional.)

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.  Mix in vanilla.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually add into the creamed mixture. 

Now the recipe suggests that you cover this and let it chill for one hour, I didn’t need to do this.  It was cold and very firm.

Roll into one inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet (but I heard that the silpat works just as well).  You can press them down with a fork if you want, then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  (Mine took a little less at 7 and 1/2.)

I added the peanut butter chips, but read that someone added raspberry extract to some of the dough, made a little well in the center of others and added raspberry jam.  The reviews were phenomenal!

My family’s review was an empty plate the next day.

2 comments:

Paparazzi Boutique said...

Hi Mindy. Way cute blog. This recipe sounds delicious. Guess I'll have to try it.

Cory and Kylee said...

Yum! They look good! I want to try them when you make some with mint!!! ooohhhh yummy!!!:)