Wednesday, April 6, 2011

(Insert sappy title here.)

Another year has rolled around in the timeline of the Merrill and Mindy Pitcher franchise.

We celebrated 11 years of marriage yesterday.

11

What I love about our relationship, like, love a lot, is that we don’t necessarily have to do anything really big for our anniversary.  I wouldn’t complain if we did, but I like that we just sit back and enjoy it.

Most years, Merrill has been too busy with work to really do anything anyway, but with the girls being bigger, we like to involve them now too.

Some of the highlights from our day yesterday:

- Papa John’s for dinner.

- Listening to music, playing and some dancing.

- Lots of reminiscing.

- Making treats.

- U-Gluing our rug to the floor.  (Nail-biting excitement I tell you.)

- Bribing Merrill to take a few pictures with me.  (For some reason he wasn’t as willing or happy about it as he was 11 years ago..)

- Getting the kids to bed a watching “Deadliest Catch”.

- Ending the day with some sparkling cider.

While it wasn’t anything terribly big or fancy, it was time together.  That is just what I love, being with him, no matter what we do…  and I loved every minute of it!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wife you are! Congratulations!
Bonnie

Ally's Corner said...

What a great day you guys had!!

BookwormMom said...

I think it's wonderful when you don't have to make a big production of it...that you can relax, remember and enjoy it. Isn't that what being married is all about?

You both look cute, what did you do to make the picture look vintage?

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like it was the perfect day! I love the photo of you guys together...how did you age it?

Maecy said...

That is the best kind of day! I also have to bribe for pictures. The ante goes up every year.

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

I think that sounds like the best day ever! Congrats on the 11 years! And Merrill should take pictures with you, you guys are a really good looking couple! :)

anniebobannie said...

LOVE this picture of you! Happy Anniversary you are such a Darling couple!!