Thursday, August 2, 2012

um, yes. these are my girls.

just in case a misunderstanding were to take place here, I just wanted to be sure that you understand, these are my children.

I am told they are “stamped hard” with that pitcher brand.

I can tell you that personality-wise, they are mostly me.  they are goofy, silly, at times inappropriate.  but they are also a little shy.

funny story about this here shoot, it was born in my brain back in may.  we came across this fabulous wall on 17th street in ogden, while driving to a sprinkler parts store far too many times in one week.  I kept fantasizing about it.  the colors for the outfits needed to be funky and mis-matched, but not too crazy.  I knew ashley would have to wear boots..  nails must be painted.  I worried about how long lynnie’s legs would look in these shorts.  but I worried mostly about being accosted by a bum being in that part of ogden.

then, still back in may, while shopping at target, peyton and I came across parts of these outfits on clearance.  they came together too easily.

and then summer came.

I vowed I would not sit in front of the computer too much.

I promised that I would enjoy every second of this summer with my girls.

and I waited for a time when merrill could go with me to that scary part of ogden where the bums roam.

and waited.

and waited.

and waited.

then august came.  the first day of august to be exact.

and I was like, “holy freaking crap!”  because that is what I say when I freak out a bit.  “school is going to start THIS MONTH.”  and all of those memories of my dreamed-up photo-shoot in front of this crazy wall with the darling + cheap outfits came rushing at me.  I debated for a second between catching-up on the laundry and going to take these pictures.  I debated about waiting for merrill, realizing that that kid will be far too busy for the next 11 days to count on him to protect us from bums.  then I did hair and painted nails like it was going to save my life.

(I did not look so cute.  maybe that is why we weren’t bothered?)

and it was successful.

everyone got along quite perfectly.

(you know, because their payoff was lunch at “yak” donald’s.  what?  you don’t call it that?)

so here you go, just a few (haha) of my favorites.

aug_01_vintageaug_02_vintage burnaug_05_vintageaug_03_vintage burnaug_06_vintageaug_08_vintageaug_11_vintageaug_10_vintage burnaug_12_vintageaug_13_vintageaug_15_vintageaug_17_vintageaug_19_vintage

and then some goofy for you…

aug_20_vintageaug_21_vintage burnaug_22_vintage burnaug_23_edit

4 comments:

Nessa the Procrastinator said...

You have beautiful girls! Looks like a wonderful, bum-free photo shoot. :)

Missy said...

Mindy! These are FAB-u-freaking-TASTIC!! {wait, is that a word?} The boots..I love the boots! Some day I'm driving my crazy kids to meet you and I'm making you take pictures in exchange for money and something classy like Booger Sling...what, you don't call it that?
LOVE love LOVE these! And, you are right. That wall is killer.

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

I saw your post on facebook, I loved these pictures! Your girls are so beautiful! (Luke calls that fast food place, Icky Donalds :) I seriously wish you lived closer to take pictures of my kiddos!

Cory and Kylee said...

Darling! They are growing up! I cant believe it! Hope you had a fantastic summer with the girls! miss ya! lunch date? when?