Thursday, September 13, 2012

meanwhile, at the pitcher house..

I have some pretty awesome intentions.  like, they are unfathomably incredible.

but, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

yup.

I had dreams of the many things I would accomplish when the girls were back in school.

all the time I would have.

all the blogging and recording and picture editing I would catch up on….

not so much.

here is a bit of what has been going on whilst I have been truant:

merrill turned 33.

he didn’t want cake, but “crunchies” (our version of no bake cookies) instead.

(and it was nice to not have a large, delicious cake, sitting around, tempting me to eat it all, for every snack and every meal for the next 3 days…)

august 012

the girls started school.

*sniff*

august 050vintage

we went to the brigham city temple open house.

august 067edit

we have been reading…  a lot still.

august 098edit

and we went to lake powell…

lake powell 212editlake powell 388editlake powell 438editlake powell 555edit

we rather enjoyed that.

now soccer season is upon us, and two of the three girlies are enjoying it.

september 032editseptember 140edit

currently, I am depressed.

(seriously.)

merrill has left me for two weeks.

left me for alaska.

I love the guy just a bit and miss him terribly.

if he brings me home some halibut, it might not be so bad in the end.

meanwhile, being a single parent has it’s sucky moments.

but mostly, I just miss him.

6 comments:

Bits and Pieces of Me...Emily! said...

I'm sorry you're hubby left for two weeks! That would be hard! But I do have a really yummy halibut recipe for when he comes back! :) We seriously need to live closer to each other lady!

Cory and Kylee said...

Lets get together!!! I miss ya!

Julie said...

Well, at least you have been busy and having some fun in your time away from the blog. I hope Merrill comes through on the halibut for you.

Jocelyn said...

Boo to being a single parent while your hubby is gone. Two weeks is a long time to do the kid thing by yourself. Be strong and keep crafty!!! I love seeing what you have been up too. It always makes me smile to see your awesomeness as a photographer!!!

mandi said...

Oh, single parenthood does have it's sucky moments. Not so much looking forward to the elk hunt my guy has coming up in a few weeks. Though his won't be a continual absence. Just a few days at a time. And then I can always pray he'll get one early...

Missy said...

Ok, my incredibly awesome internet friend, that pic of your girlys in front of the temple is PRICELESS!! Holy adorable. And, you better save that awesome soccer action shot for your cute gal when she is 15 and feeling completely clutzy. She will adore it.
Hope the man brings you lots of halibut! Chin up chick!